Saturday, October 2, 2010

Decorating the "Owwie"

So this morning Rilee woke up and cried that she was "stuck" in bed. Now my 2 year old has been exploring her words and being stuck typically meant she was wrapped up in something. So I went in there and she claimed that her knee hurt and she didn't do her normal stand up and walk off her bed routine. I set her on the carpet and she collapsed and and whined that it hurt her. We thought that maybe her leg fell asleep and waited a little bit longer and tried again. Again she collapsed and so we decided I would take her to the ER (since its Saturday and her doctors office is closed) LONG hospital story short... they took x-rays and fidgeted with it. She has 1 of 3 things wrong. Her knee cap is split in 2 due to hopefully *fingers crossed* growth plates. Or she has fluid in her knee from a previous fall that should be drained. OR hopefully not *fingers DOUBLE crossed* her cold she caught is causing her body to attack itself.She got it wrapped... and got to decorate it with stickers. She also got some heavy drugs to help her sleep through the night since last night she woke up twice. We shall see how it goes...here are some pics from the day!
Snacktime while waiting

Stickers!

Proud of her work

Smiling through the pain

"It hurts me mommy" words of the morning :(

7 comments:

  1. Ouch! Poor baby...

    Working my way through Bloggy Moms and just saw you pop in. Have a great Sunday I am now following you!
    http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless her. I do hope it gets well soon though that is just about the best looking bandage I have ever seen, I bet she'll be a little sad to see it go!

    (found you via bloggymoms follow me I follow you. I am www.poorparenting.co.uk which I hope may offer you some light hearted relief if you ever have time for such things!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there and done that. My 3yr old son, a boy...need I say more!! We have been to the ER for leg things twice now. Once it was a deep hip bruise- he wouldn't walk on his right leg, started crawling around..not like him at all. Then he was fine. The last one put him in a cast for 3wks. He ran down the stairs and ran into a full diaper box and it looked like the growth plate might have been broken. When we took it off the doc said "it looks like it wasn't broken after all. REALLY!!! A 2yr old at the time in a full leg cast for 3wks and it wasn't broken. Now, he loves the ER and says that we need to go for even a scratch. Guess it is good for me!! Kids gotta luv em'!
    http://clarkmom3athome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @clarkmom...LOL wow. I really hope she doesnt need a cast because she would go stir crazy. Even limping I couldnt keep her still in the ER> She wanted to see what the "docker" was doing with other patients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Poor girl! My youngest had a tv fall on her head a year ago and had to do some of that stuff. How terrible. Glad she got to decorate- she looks pretty happy!

    I'm following you now from bloggy moms! I'd love for you to come follow either or both of my blogs too at www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com and/or www.thegossamerjewelbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope she feels better....following from bloggy moms:)

    ReplyDelete